Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix is an exclusive Japan remake of the game Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep for the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) console. Most of the plot and gameplay elements are the same, and the game also includes new features added to the North American and European versions of the game. Like its predecessors, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix combines the voice-overs in English and Japanese text, and the controls change, as to hit and jump they change ( by and vice versa). This is because in Japan, the standard button is the compared to the rest of the world, which is the
The Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix release was officially confirmed for September 14, 2010, one week after the North American release of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. It was first announced on September 13 in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The game was released on January 20, 2011 in Japan, exclusively.
Various changes and new features have been added to extend the original game, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Many of the changes were made to the international versions of the game, but some are exclusive to this version.
- Critical Mode has been added as a difficulty level.
- All Nescient have been given new color combinations. For example, Flurry is now purple instead of blue.
- The sticker album and related search have been added, although several of the awards have been modified from international publication.
- The Rhythm Mixer (Harmonic Trance) is a Command Style that has been added. It is music-themed, and requires the player to press the corresponding button to damage enemies.
- "Unison Rush", "Voltage Stack", "Illusion" are commands they have added.
- Commands for "Illusion" are earned by completing combat missions, which can be found throughout the worlds as floating orbs adorned with the Nescient emblem, similar to the Vanitas Reminiscence emblem. Each combat mission has its own rules and requirements to win.
- Characters in predetermined scenes, including those from Destiny Islands such as Sora and Riku, have been given higher quality facial animations.
- The Skull Board has been added as a command board.
- Pete has been added as a D-Nexus.
- The Castle Circuit track has been added to Rumble Racing.
- The "Destiny Islands" song has been added to Ice Rhythm.
- A Stranger appears as a boss, and upon beating him gives you the Nameless Keyblade.
- Armor of Eraqus, Monster and Noheart appear as bosses in the three new Virtual Coso battles, "Mentor of the Light", "Spawn of the Sea" and "Foresight of Darkness", respectively.
- The "Sea Spawn" battle consists of a timed stage, where the player can directly attack Monster, and an acid-filled stage in Monster's belly, where the player is dispatched once the two minutes are up. The player must defeat the Nescient in Monster and must escape and try to damage Monster.
- Upon defeating the "Foresight Darkness" battle, the player is awarded a new keychain, "Unlimited Crown".
- A new secret scene called "A Fragmentary Passage" has been introduced, in contrast to the secret movies seen in previous games. In the "Secret Episode", the player controls Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, instead of watching the battle as a spectator.
While not part of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, a code released with the game can be entered into Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy to receive an alternate-based Kingdom Hearts outfit for Cloud.
|Saga Kingdom Hearts|
|Relays and Remakes|
|Secondary Titles and Other Compilations|
|V CAST • Trinity Master Pieces • II Final Mix+ • Mobile • Magical Puzzle Clash • Gummiship Studio |
10th Anniversary Box • Melody of Memory
|Characters • Heartless • Incorporeal • Unconscious • Dreamy • Intangible Essences • Heart|
Universe • Locks • Keyblade • Light • Darkness • Doors
|Level • VT • PM • PH • Platines • Pepito's Diary • Circle of Light • Nave Gumi|
10th Anniversary Box • Melody of Memory Plot Elements Characters • Heartless • Incorporeal • Unconscious • Dreamy • Intangible Essences • Heart
Universe • Locks • Key Sword • Light • Darkness • Doors Game Elements Level • VT • PM • PH • Platines • Pepito's Diary • Circle of Light • Gumi Ship